How To Come Up With Good Opinion Essay Topics On Natural Disasters
For many students natural disasters are a sensitive topic to discuss. Even if you witnessed one of you just heard stories about this, you know how damaging they can be. To write a good opinion essay about this you have to be very delicate and to not discuss explicitly about the deaths that resulted from this. Also, bringing pictures or videos is not a good idea as these can affect your colleagues. Keep these ideas in mind when you write:
- Give some clear examples. Natural disasters happen all the time and it’s difficult to just write a general composition about them. You have to focus on one single event, preferably one that took place recently so you can find plenty of information about it. In the beginning you can give some general info about what happened, where and how the local population was affected.
- Don’t take your information only from the Internet. Of course, news websites wrote about this event for days, but no one actually knows how it is to be trapped in the middle of a natural disaster except for the survivors. If possible try to talk with someone who was actually there, who saw what happened and how the people reacted to this. This person does not have to be in your country; you can find him on the Internet.
- What is the psychological impact of something like this? Some people can’t manage to rebuild their life even after 10 years, and this is completely understandable. Discuss about how something like this will change you and what effect it will have over your next years.
- Why they happen? Don’t talk too much about faith, karma or religion as these are not evidences or facts. Try to explain from scientific point of view how this happened and what is the possibility to happen again in the future.
- What should someone do in this situation? Take advantage of this opportunity to discuss with your colleagues about what they should do if they are trapped in the middle of a natural disaster. You will have to cover everything, from earthquakes to floods or tornados. A simple lesson like this might save someone’s life in the future. Even more, explain to them why it is important to have an emergency bag in their home and how useful this can be.